Foods Rich in Vitamin E
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that not only improves immune system function but also protects hair follicles from damage from free-radicals that keep your eyelashes from growing.
- Vitamin E has the important responsibility of moving blood and oxygen into hair follicles.
- Vitamin E reduces hair follicle inflammation
- Vitamin E reduces dry and brittle eyelashes
- Vitamin E repairs, damaged hair follicles
- Vitamin E helps in cellular reproduction and reduce the risk of eyelash breakage.
Foods to eat: hazelnuts, kale, spinach, sunflower seeds, blueberries, peanut butter, avocados and take a high-quality vitamin E supplement.
Foods Rich in Vitamin H
Vitamin H ( biotin) encourages thick eyelashes and prevents them from drying out. In addition:
- Biotin helps your body absorb vital nutrients such as fats, amino acids, and carbohydrates which are needed to stimulate healthy lashes
Foods to eat: bananas, mushrooms, eggs, walnuts, beans, nut butter and black-eyed peas.
Foods Rich in Calcium
You may know that calcium is important for bone strength but did you also know that it promotes eyelash growth? In fact, eating foods rich in calcium:
- Reduces eyelash breakage
- Helps prevent lash loss due to hypothyroidism
Foods to eat: dairy products, peas, okra, collard greens, salmon, and tofu. Take a whole food calcium supplement along with magnesium to encourage hair and eyelash health and growth.
9. Massage Your Eyelids
When you massage your eyelids it improves blood flow to the hair follicles. This means that more nutrients reach the follicles and as a result, your lashes grow faster. To massage, wash your hands thoroughly and place a couple drop of coconut oil on your lids. Use your fingertips to massage your eyelids and lash line – in small circular motions. Do this for five minutes, twice a day for three months.
More Tips for Longer, Thicker Eyelashes
10. Don’t use department store brands of eye makeup
11. Use only organic makeup –
12. Use an eyelash serum
13. Never use waterproof mascara that is not organic
14. Never use old makeup
15. Never use someone else’s makeup